Pray and breathe!

Keeping POSITIVE is my daily goal but sometimes it is hard when there are so many negative things going on around me. How do I stay positive in a world that breeds negativity? Well we will see if I can manage it! It is hard but not impossible. First thing is to make sure I Pray every chance I get and second........breathe!

Positively Grateful If You Become My Follower!

About Me

My photo
Just a Hispanic Jersey girl living in the South and trying to stay positive every day!

Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm a College Student!!!

   The new Monster's Inc. movie stands as one of my favorite animated movies this year.  Mike, the one eyed monster with high self-esteem, is the character I can most relate to.  It cracks me up that he goes through life not even seeing the obstacles to his dream of being a scare monster; I love Mike's positive motivation.  Nothing will stop him from reaching his goals.  Meanwhile, other monsters are negative and cannot understand Mike's vision of success as theirs are so muddled and lackluster.
     I can relate to this character 100%.  Almost seven months ago I embarked on finally achieving my goal of returning and finishing my college degree.  I am not your average aged college student, so returning to a place of education that houses students roughly the age of my own child made me feel out of sorts to say the least.  The age disparity was the least of my worries.  My stress stemmed from the class subject matters.  I had not been back to school in so many years and was worried about not understanding the modern day concepts taught.   Once the classes started, my stress was unfounded.  My mind casually nestled itself into the subjects easily and absorbed every ounce of knowledge.  It was as if it soaking the knowledge in was quenching my minds long standing thirst.  My surprise was one of happiness and fulfillment.  Returning to college revived me in a way I never thought would happen. 
     Returning to college opened up doors in my mind that had long been secured and left dusty and cobwebbed.  Once these doors were cracked open, floods of creativity poured out of them.  I realized that I had strengths in activities I had always shied away from, like poetry.  Now writing, poetry, photography and other creative processes exude out of my mind.   It was a difficult journey to decide to return to college.  I struggled within myself to find reasons not to return.  At the time I was living through my doubts and negative thinking.  Once I snapped out of the destructive thinking phase, I got back on the track to my goal of gaining my degree.  Returning allowed me to find myself once again and pursue avenues I had not dared to in the past.
     My happiness at returning to college pervades my life daily.  It is not possible for me to contain my pride and happiness since I am finally where I want to be.  My family is proud of my excellent grades and I am proud of myself too.  My gratefulness at being able to attend college is beyond measure and I daily encourage my kids to reach for that goal too.  I think the only thing that my entire family is not thrilled about is that, like Mike the Monster, I am constantly running around yelling “I’m a COLLEGE STUDENT”!!!
 Remember your long forgotten goals?  Pull them out of the dusty cobwebs and start toward them again! Have a positively blessed day everyone!!!

No comments:

How to

So you want to know how to be more positive? It will take practice and dedication but it is well worth it. Hey listen no one is perfect, after all we are only human, we will falter but trying is the first step to a better, less stressed, more positive you!



THINK DO BE

THINK DO BE

11 ways to become positive

Here are 11 steps for a more positive you that I read on http://www.advancedlifeskills.com/

1. Think Gratitude=focus on your blessings

2. Choose Happiness=choose to be happy

3. Substitute challenges for problems=focus your attention on positive outcomes

4. View life as a journey=look forward to new and unfamiliar experiences

5. Stop and smell the roses=enjoy the simple things in life

6. Begin your day on a positive note=focus on the things that bring you joy and take that with you throughout the day
7. Be positively aware=actively search for the positive side of things

8. Act out happy=act like a happy, optimistic person

9. Hang out with positive people=be influenced by optimistic people

10. Do a gratitude review nightly=think of ten things you are truly grateful for

11. Minimize exposure to negative influences= stop watching, listening and reading to the news.

Keep this list handy and use it as a guide to get you on the positive track. If you feel your starting to get negative just review the list and get back on the wagon. After a while it will become second nature and you will be the positive, happy person you want to be.

For the full article on "11 Steps to a More Positive You" by Jonathan at Advanced Life Skills, please click on this link

http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/11-steps-to-a-more-positive-you/

Armed forces

Armed forces
I would like to send positive thoughts, prayers and many thanks to all the men and women in our United States Armed Forces who support and defend our country around the world! A big Thank you to the family members who support our troops! THANK YOU and GOD BLESS AMERICA!