Pray and breathe!

Keeping POSITIVE is my daily goal but sometimes it is hard when there are so many negative things going on around me. How do I stay positive in a world that breeds negativity? Well we will see if I can manage it! It is hard but not impossible. First thing is to make sure I Pray every chance I get and second........breathe!

Positively Grateful If You Become My Follower!

About Me

My photo
Just a Hispanic Jersey girl living in the South and trying to stay positive every day!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

When it rains it pours..........or is it just free water for my gardens?

Just when you think you got a handle on a situation something else goes wrong.  I have been jobless for a couple of months and I think I am handling myself very well for not having a job or money. I am doing my best to stay true to my "Stay Positive" attitude.   I have been keeping busy by cleaning house, tending to the pets, driving kids to and from school, running errands for my husband but I am getting kind of restless to get out of the house and get a job in the outside world already.

Yesterday I went to an interview with a recruiter.  It went well I think....always positive.  Right after I left the interview....POW...I back into a pillar of the parking garage!  Yep didn't feel too positive at that moment.  Needless to say that my car got a major dent in the rear, not to mention a broken taillight cover, hole in the bumper and quite a few scuffs.

So what did I do, got the heck out of dodge that's what I did!  I was so embarrassed that I did that to my own car.  As I headed home I just wanted to cry. I went through all the negative things that were going on.  I had to tell my husband that I messed up. Who knows how much this would cost.  My car looked terrible.  I can't get a job.  I have dog hair all over my interview clothes.  I forgot to change the clothes out of the washer and into the dryer. I forgot to buy milk,  etc, etc. 

All my worries and emotions ran into my head and I started to think all negative. I had to shake my head and say "Yo get a grip"!  I decided to kick it into the positive gear and get my mind working on how to remedy the problem.

When I got home I put on my work clothes and grabbed my tool box.  After all my father had been a mechanic and I got the mechanic gene in me.  I took out my magic sponge and got to work on the paint and scuff marks.  Then I got down and dirty and grabbed the mallet and popped the dents right out.  Once I finished that it didn't look bad at all. Just a couple of scratches and a broken taillight cover.

I checked online on how to touch up car paint and replace a taillight cover.   It is as easy as visiting the auto store and getting some touch up paint and replacement taillight cover.  Within a few days I will have my supplies to fix the rest of the car then voila..car is good as new!

It would have been easy for me to just lay down in defeat but for positive thinking sake I needed to repair the car myself and be proactive.  For me being proactive is necessary to keep myself from falling into the pit of despair and negativity.

Even though I felt like all my problems were pouring down on me like torrential rains, I just needed to remember that the rain is sometimes necessary to help you in other ways.  Maybe to water the garden, remind you that you are only human and in my case I needed to be reminded that I am truly blessed with what I do have and not to sweat it.

So I think I stayed true to my motto yesterday of "Positive Thinking Brings Positive Results"! I think it really does work!

Have a positively Blessed day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi thanks for the inspiring blog!

lmc said...

Love it Shirley!!!! I knew you would be perfect for blogging!

How to

So you want to know how to be more positive? It will take practice and dedication but it is well worth it. Hey listen no one is perfect, after all we are only human, we will falter but trying is the first step to a better, less stressed, more positive you!



THINK DO BE

THINK DO BE

11 ways to become positive

Here are 11 steps for a more positive you that I read on http://www.advancedlifeskills.com/

1. Think Gratitude=focus on your blessings

2. Choose Happiness=choose to be happy

3. Substitute challenges for problems=focus your attention on positive outcomes

4. View life as a journey=look forward to new and unfamiliar experiences

5. Stop and smell the roses=enjoy the simple things in life

6. Begin your day on a positive note=focus on the things that bring you joy and take that with you throughout the day
7. Be positively aware=actively search for the positive side of things

8. Act out happy=act like a happy, optimistic person

9. Hang out with positive people=be influenced by optimistic people

10. Do a gratitude review nightly=think of ten things you are truly grateful for

11. Minimize exposure to negative influences= stop watching, listening and reading to the news.

Keep this list handy and use it as a guide to get you on the positive track. If you feel your starting to get negative just review the list and get back on the wagon. After a while it will become second nature and you will be the positive, happy person you want to be.

For the full article on "11 Steps to a More Positive You" by Jonathan at Advanced Life Skills, please click on this link

http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/11-steps-to-a-more-positive-you/

Armed forces

Armed forces
I would like to send positive thoughts, prayers and many thanks to all the men and women in our United States Armed Forces who support and defend our country around the world! A big Thank you to the family members who support our troops! THANK YOU and GOD BLESS AMERICA!