Pray and breathe!

Keeping POSITIVE is my daily goal but sometimes it is hard when there are so many negative things going on around me. How do I stay positive in a world that breeds negativity? Well we will see if I can manage it! It is hard but not impossible. First thing is to make sure I Pray every chance I get and second........breathe!

Positively Grateful If You Become My Follower!

About Me

My photo
Just a Hispanic Jersey girl living in the South and trying to stay positive every day!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happiness From My Hobitives

WTH is "Hobitives"?  Okay so it isn't a word from the dictionary but it is a merging of two words that make me feel good. That is because it is derived from Hobbies and Positive. Yeah dats right I said it Hobby+Positive=Hobitive=My hobbies make me feel positively HAPPY!!! 

Hobbies are good for the mind, body and soul.  Participating in hobbies helps you to reduce stress, get fit, help the world around you, helps you reach goals.
There are so many hobbies out there to choose from that don't cost a penny, on the other hand there are those that cost way more than a penny.  Whichever it might be a hobby is just waiting out there for you to explore and help you detach from the every day dulldrums....yikes did i say dulldrums? You know what I mean.  Something that will help you relax and feel good about yourself.

I have several hobbies because well when it comes to keeping my attention I am HIGH MAINTENANCE!  I enjoy doing many things i.e. Shopping (can't do that without money so that is on hold for a while), quilting(I use old pairs of jeans and the flat sheets I never use from sheet sets so it doesn't cost much) , reading, crafts(I really like to recycle things and make new things out of them like I make Christmas Ornaments out of old burnt out light bulbs), sewing(LOVE to make Halloween Costumes!!), dancing(not professionally, just dancing around my house in my booty shorts gyrating to different types of music), gardening (only in the spring when it isn't a million degrees out), writing, collecting old cameras, collecting bells (I had to stop because I had no where to put anymore), I collect Santas(the dolls.  I have a sitting room I call the "Santa" room during Christmas that is nothing but Santa Claus dolls and Santa decor. I get all my stuff from yard sales so not much spent on that hobby), Yard Sales(LOVE THEM! If your hobby is collecting things then yard sales are for you!) and I know there are more but can't think of them right now. 

I guess I tend to have different hobbies for different times of the year.  I think this is to keep my interest in the hobby from wilting away, like I said I am attention deficient and things have to really interest me to keep me happy.  I guess that is really what hobbies need to do for each person- keep them interested and happy.

Before choosing a hobby you need to think of what you want to get out of that hobby.  Do you want to get in shape, do something in a group to benefit others, be creative, work with charities, build model airplanes?  You also need to consider how much, if any, you want to spend on the hobby.  So whether you choose a hobby that is active, creative, or that gives you a sense of accomplishment in helping others, doing the hobby will give you many benefits in your life.

Hobbies are good for your mind, body and soul.  Mind-Takes you away from your worries and problems and relieves stress. Body-Active hobbies keep you in shape. Even hobbies that aren't as physical as rock climbing can still have positive impact on your health. Such as helping flexibility, dexterity and cardiovascular health. Soul-Having a hobby helps you feel good about yourself completing goals and gives you a sense of worth and accomplishment.

Whatever hobby you decide to start remember that it should be something that you enjoy and helps you to feel good about yourself.  It should not be something that you feel will be a burden to you but makes you smile and feel positive about yourself.

So this is the first word going into the Positive Lulu dictionary:

Hobitive or Hobitivity:Definition- A Hobby/ies or activity that brings you a positive feeling or a sense of Positivity!

So I am considering a few more Hobitivities for myself.  I am thinking of volunteering at a shelter(love animals so this will be so POSITIVE), joining a theater group(yikes this would be way out of my comfort zone but then again so was blogging and now I am doing it. I have been told I am quite a character so still pondering this one, karaoke singer (NOT).  If anyone has any suggestions....would Love to hear from you!

So what do you think? Is having a Hobitivity something that interests you? Give it a try you have nothing but Positive things to gain!

Have a Positively Blessed day!

No comments:

How to

So you want to know how to be more positive? It will take practice and dedication but it is well worth it. Hey listen no one is perfect, after all we are only human, we will falter but trying is the first step to a better, less stressed, more positive you!



THINK DO BE

THINK DO BE

11 ways to become positive

Here are 11 steps for a more positive you that I read on http://www.advancedlifeskills.com/

1. Think Gratitude=focus on your blessings

2. Choose Happiness=choose to be happy

3. Substitute challenges for problems=focus your attention on positive outcomes

4. View life as a journey=look forward to new and unfamiliar experiences

5. Stop and smell the roses=enjoy the simple things in life

6. Begin your day on a positive note=focus on the things that bring you joy and take that with you throughout the day
7. Be positively aware=actively search for the positive side of things

8. Act out happy=act like a happy, optimistic person

9. Hang out with positive people=be influenced by optimistic people

10. Do a gratitude review nightly=think of ten things you are truly grateful for

11. Minimize exposure to negative influences= stop watching, listening and reading to the news.

Keep this list handy and use it as a guide to get you on the positive track. If you feel your starting to get negative just review the list and get back on the wagon. After a while it will become second nature and you will be the positive, happy person you want to be.

For the full article on "11 Steps to a More Positive You" by Jonathan at Advanced Life Skills, please click on this link

http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/11-steps-to-a-more-positive-you/

Armed forces

Armed forces
I would like to send positive thoughts, prayers and many thanks to all the men and women in our United States Armed Forces who support and defend our country around the world! A big Thank you to the family members who support our troops! THANK YOU and GOD BLESS AMERICA!