Pray and breathe!

Keeping POSITIVE is my daily goal but sometimes it is hard when there are so many negative things going on around me. How do I stay positive in a world that breeds negativity? Well we will see if I can manage it! It is hard but not impossible. First thing is to make sure I Pray every chance I get and second........breathe!

Positively Grateful If You Become My Follower!

About Me

My photo
Just a Hispanic Jersey girl living in the South and trying to stay positive every day!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Let It Go

The air was cool and crisp as I watched the leaves fall from the neighbors pecan tree and into our pool this morning.  Autumn is finally in the air, which is unusual for Georgia. Normally we are still hold up in our home with the air conditioner full blast. Not today though.  I welcome the brisk air, it helps you to forget how stifling the past heat was.  Isn't it strange how a sound, smell or the site of something brings you instantly back to moments in your life, both good and bad?

Autumn always makes me nostalgic. It makes me think of things long past....the good things....the bad things.  Like the leaves changing up north, going to the fair, growing up, school days, Halloween as a child.  I of course like to remember only the good positive times but with reliving the past come the negative experiences too.

I used to really let the past negatives affect me but as I have gotten older I have learned to use experiences as lessons learned.  That is what I try to do anyway.  It wasn't always that way of course...but you have to start somewhere. 

Not long ago I would react to situations by bringing up the past to remind those who upset me that they had once hurt me the same way before.  I felt, at the time, that I was right to throw this back in their faces. What it really did was keep me from moving forward in my life.  Nothing good ever comes from reliving the past.  It has been a difficult journey for me, one that still continues. Forgiving those who have  trespassed against me has been a chore but I continue to work towards that goal.  Of course I relapse and get so upset  sometimes that I even cry, that is how I react to things that upset me. I usually talk myself through these times and remind myself that it is the past and I need to move forward.  When you let the past get to you that means that your joy is being taken away from you.  Don't ever let anyone or anything take your JOY away!

I feel that anything that seeks to take away your JOY is negative and evil.  This can come in the form of a person, words, emotions, experiences anything animate or inanimate.  Evil and negativity can transform itself into any form.  That is why I make sure to surround myself with only positive, happy, Good vibes, feelings and memories.  You have to let go of those sad, bad, mad, evil memories and things from your life.

If you continue to dwell on the negative, evil things you can't move on and forward.  They will consume you and pull you back and keep you in the negative revolving door.  You will be spinning around in the circle of hate, betrayal and evil.  It will suck the life out of you until you are spent, depressed and despondent. Don't let it!

Take a step back from the evil that keeps you prisoner! Look at it for what it is.  Evil doesn't want you to succeed or be happy. So turn your back on it!  It wants to keep you down in the depths of despair and keep you it's prisoner.  Take your life back! Pray for strength and guidance and you will receive it!  As hard as it is, forgive those who have forsaken and thrown stones at you, for only then will you be able to turn away from the evil and regain happiness and success!

It won't be easy and you will have to constantly remind yourself to be positive, forgive, love and be loved. Embrace the small things in life! You can do it!  You just have to make the commitment that you will turn things around in your life and have a plan to do it.  Start off small and work your way up.

What do I mean by having a plan and starting off small?  To get the ball rolling in changing your life for the positive you may want to  write down the first thing you could do to change things.  One of the changes I made recently is to plan and put together this blog. I had always enjoyed writing and considered doing a blog.  I never thought I could.  It was an unknown for me and it scared me to try. I haven't done all the things I have always wanted to do and I decided I was going to start.  It wasn't easy for me to get out of my comfort zone but in order to change I would have to face my fear.  Without leaving your comfort zone there can't be change.

Still I don't expect this blog to become popular or make a difference to millions.  I just wanted to make a change in my life and try something new and I have.  I have other things on my list now that I want to accomplish.  Some are small and some are very large but they are the goals I have set for myself to get to the positive happy, feelings I am seeking.  I know it is going to be a long road but I am looking forward to accomplishing them.  In accomplishing them I feel I will be able to let go of the things and negative memories that hold me back.

Trying new things is just a beginning for me.  I still have to work out the big things that hold me back. Forgiveness is one of them.  I need to forgive someone and then let Go of the negative memories in order to move on.  This is a hard one for me.  I know I will be able to do it............but it is just a matter of time.  It can't all happen at once, I am realistic of course.  I keep praying and asking for guidance and strength.  I know one day it will happen and then another door of positivity will open up to me.

As I look out my kitchen window the  daylight is gone now and I can't see anything in the pitch black of night except the green glow of my sunpowered night lanterns situated in my prayer garden.  I say a prayer through my window......"Please give me strength, help me to forgive and help me to Let It Go......Amen."

Have a Positively Blessed Night!

No comments:

How to

So you want to know how to be more positive? It will take practice and dedication but it is well worth it. Hey listen no one is perfect, after all we are only human, we will falter but trying is the first step to a better, less stressed, more positive you!



THINK DO BE

THINK DO BE

11 ways to become positive

Here are 11 steps for a more positive you that I read on http://www.advancedlifeskills.com/

1. Think Gratitude=focus on your blessings

2. Choose Happiness=choose to be happy

3. Substitute challenges for problems=focus your attention on positive outcomes

4. View life as a journey=look forward to new and unfamiliar experiences

5. Stop and smell the roses=enjoy the simple things in life

6. Begin your day on a positive note=focus on the things that bring you joy and take that with you throughout the day
7. Be positively aware=actively search for the positive side of things

8. Act out happy=act like a happy, optimistic person

9. Hang out with positive people=be influenced by optimistic people

10. Do a gratitude review nightly=think of ten things you are truly grateful for

11. Minimize exposure to negative influences= stop watching, listening and reading to the news.

Keep this list handy and use it as a guide to get you on the positive track. If you feel your starting to get negative just review the list and get back on the wagon. After a while it will become second nature and you will be the positive, happy person you want to be.

For the full article on "11 Steps to a More Positive You" by Jonathan at Advanced Life Skills, please click on this link

http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/11-steps-to-a-more-positive-you/

Armed forces

Armed forces
I would like to send positive thoughts, prayers and many thanks to all the men and women in our United States Armed Forces who support and defend our country around the world! A big Thank you to the family members who support our troops! THANK YOU and GOD BLESS AMERICA!