Pray and breathe!

Keeping POSITIVE is my daily goal but sometimes it is hard when there are so many negative things going on around me. How do I stay positive in a world that breeds negativity? Well we will see if I can manage it! It is hard but not impossible. First thing is to make sure I Pray every chance I get and second........breathe!

Positively Grateful If You Become My Follower!

About Me

My photo
Just a Hispanic Jersey girl living in the South and trying to stay positive every day!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Blessing of Patience

In two days it will have been three months since I stopped putting myself through hell in a place that didn't deserve my positive energy.  I still miss those individuals who appreciated my odd, quirky ways though.  It is strange even now, after the time that has passed, when I speak about the place I worked at and refer to it in the present tense. It's as if my mind thinks I am still there.  I guess after six years of working somewhere, it will take a little longer than mere months to dismiss it from my immediate thoughts.

These last three months have renewed my positive vibes and sense of quirkiness!  It has been like coming out of a dark cave after a long hibernation and smelling the fresh air and hearing the sounds of nature.  There is a bright light that I have missed for so long surrounding me and I feel re-energized.  It hasn't been all cotton candy and cracker jacks during this time but I have had the time to reflect and recharge.

Through out my time out of work I have re-discovered the simple pleasures I have been setting aside.  I have made so many excuses not to relax and do my hobbies because something came up at work or this important thing has come up that I need to do instead.  I was able to re-connect with my family, my hobbies and me!

The one thing that I encouraged myself with, throughout this time, is to have patience!  It is difficult, believe me I know, to sit and search for a job in site after site and wonder when the day will come that I will get the call for a new job.  It can be disheartening at times but you have to remind yourself to be once again patient. Your time will come. 

Don't be discouraged!  I am not just talking about getting a job, that just happens to be what I am needing at the moment.  You might be searching for your perfect someone, friends, a baby, a pet, a car, a home, inspiration, a dream to come true....be Patient.  It may take a while but in some shape or form it will happen for you......it just might not happen how you picture it happening.

I really do believe that there is a specific plan for each and every one of us.  There is a time, place and way things will happen and we just need to keep ourselves on task until our specific plan comes to pass.  There is a reason for everything that happens to us in our lives.  Yes, I truly feel and believe this.

I mean no, we don't want bad things to happen to us of course.  Without negative things there would not be positive. Without black their would not be white. Without up there is no down. No Ying without Yang.  You get the point!  So acceptance and patience I believe are key to moving on and moving up!

That all said, I did finally get a call for a position!  Now it wasn't exactly what I was thinking but like I said there is a plan out there in the Universe for me and I just need to take it day by day and go with the flow.  It is a true blessing that came when I least expected it!

It is a temp job and that is cool, someday I hope to have a permanent job again but for now I am grateful for what I have and celebrating my re-entry into the workforce.  I know it is more than what many people have in the country at the moment and I truly truly appreciate my blessing.

I will continue to keep positive and pray for those seeking for what will help them be more positive. Tonight I will Pray once again that I will continue to receive the Blessing of Patience and that all of you do to!

Have a Positively Blessed night!


No comments:

How to

So you want to know how to be more positive? It will take practice and dedication but it is well worth it. Hey listen no one is perfect, after all we are only human, we will falter but trying is the first step to a better, less stressed, more positive you!



THINK DO BE

THINK DO BE

11 ways to become positive

Here are 11 steps for a more positive you that I read on http://www.advancedlifeskills.com/

1. Think Gratitude=focus on your blessings

2. Choose Happiness=choose to be happy

3. Substitute challenges for problems=focus your attention on positive outcomes

4. View life as a journey=look forward to new and unfamiliar experiences

5. Stop and smell the roses=enjoy the simple things in life

6. Begin your day on a positive note=focus on the things that bring you joy and take that with you throughout the day
7. Be positively aware=actively search for the positive side of things

8. Act out happy=act like a happy, optimistic person

9. Hang out with positive people=be influenced by optimistic people

10. Do a gratitude review nightly=think of ten things you are truly grateful for

11. Minimize exposure to negative influences= stop watching, listening and reading to the news.

Keep this list handy and use it as a guide to get you on the positive track. If you feel your starting to get negative just review the list and get back on the wagon. After a while it will become second nature and you will be the positive, happy person you want to be.

For the full article on "11 Steps to a More Positive You" by Jonathan at Advanced Life Skills, please click on this link

http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/11-steps-to-a-more-positive-you/

Armed forces

Armed forces
I would like to send positive thoughts, prayers and many thanks to all the men and women in our United States Armed Forces who support and defend our country around the world! A big Thank you to the family members who support our troops! THANK YOU and GOD BLESS AMERICA!